Thank you for taking an interest in working for Northamptonshire County Cricket Club.
Our current vacancies are listed below. Please continue to check our website for any future opportunities.
If you wish to send us your CV for future consideration please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northamptonshire County Cricket club is looking to recruit an Assistant Groundsman to join its team with immediate effect.
The club has an immediate requirement for support staff as the new season commences next weekend. Aiming to engage support staff within the grounds personnel, with a view to progression to permanent contracts upon completion of a trial period.
A key element of the role will be supporting the Head Groundsman and the other members of the grounds department in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest quality at the County Ground.
Northamptonshire County Cricket club is one of Eighteen First Class county cricket clubs in England and Wales, with a proud tradition and heritage of producing balanced cricket wickets. This would represent an excellent opportunity for anybody looking to begin a career in ground preparation and maintenance within the arena of professional sport.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces and outfield to ensure that they are of first class standard
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the practice and net areas to ensure that they are of first class standard
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches
• Operating and maintaining ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures
• Assisting with the erection of nets and other practice facilities
• Taking direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable request or duties required by him.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Have experience of preparing sports (ideally cricket) pitches. Be in a possession of a clean current driving licence. Be able to work legally within the United Kingdom
• Possess an understanding of current Health and Safety guidelines.
• Possess a passion for cricket pitches and sports turf maintenance
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance
• Understand the seasonality nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working long hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays, during the cricket season
• Ability to work under pressure and to work alone when required.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Improve the standard of the pitches and practice facilities. Act at all times as an ambassador for, and upheld the key values of, Northamptonshire County Cricket Club
If this opportunity with Northamptonshire County Cricket Club interests you, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Kate Leach, Northamptonshire County Cricket Club, Abington Avenue, Northampton, NN1 4PR or by emailing Kate.Leach@nccc.co.uk.
Northamptonshire would also be happy to discuss any element of the role or requirements informally by telephone (01604 609266)